Monday, December 7, 2015

Reflections on Psych 480


Overall, the part of Psych 480 that seemed to have the greatest impact on my learning was the projects that we completed for the class. The supermarket project, as well as reading Nestle’s What to Eat helped me realize how to shop better, showing me the the healthiest, most cost effective ways to buy groceries. Volunteering at the soup kitchen impacted how I view the foods that are available to me and encouraged me to find a way to help low-income families acquire foods necessary for proper nutrition. Going to the soup kitchen inspired my research project, in which I looked into the nutritional value of the US government SNAP and WIC programs. My research project then helped me to learn a great deal about the nutrition assistance programs available for low-income individuals in the United States. These are all very important areas to learn about, but I would not have been given the opportunity to learn so much about food and hunger in society without this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment