Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Supermarket Experience

I think the thing that stood out to me the most in this experience was how quick I was to get impatient with it. I'd only made it to Wednesday when making my menu for the week when I became tired of the list and started adding junk food because I couldn't think of healthier alternatives. At Giant Eagle, I had a similar issue, as I just wanted to find what I was looking for and be out, but had issues with finding all the ingredients since it was my first time there. I ended up scrapping my original idea of finding all the individual ingredients for chicken noodle soup and just found it in a can; I also opted for some frozen ready made food (such as waffles, fries, chicken wings etc.) as well. For me, it felt as if there was no choice, because most choices seemed far too time consuming and I wanted the simplest option. I also opted to find brands I was familiar with in my shopping (such as Jif peanut butter, Minute Maid juice, etc.) rather than browsing through all the different brands, which limited my food options as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment