Monday, September 28, 2015

Fast Food Decisions

This just came to me in one of the many mass mailings that pour through my e-mailbox: "Fast Food Menu Meals That Won't Blow Your Budget" (meaning your calorie budget - this is from LoseIt!).
http://blog.loseit.com/2015/09/16/fast-food-menu-meals-that-wont-blow-your-budget/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=septpanel1

I think mailings like this encourage people to buy fast food even if they weren't considering it before, partly because of the "you don't have to worry about it" message.  What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. This is interesting... it doesn't mention the fact that even though you may be cutting calories, the calories are still not good ones. It sends the message "hey if I just eat fast food like this and order these things, I can just eat it all the time, it's not bad for me if I eat these things." In reality, if someone who eats fast food regularly started to try and adapt to these guidelines instead, all they would be left with is feeling hungry from not consuming as many calories and still redeeming the same minimal nutritional quality from the unhealthy food. Cutting out soda would be substantial, though.

    ReplyDelete